Sunday, January 12, 2014

A little about me...

My name is Alicia! I grew up playing field hockey, basketball, and softball. I even went on to continue to play field hockey at the collegiate level at the University of Scranton. While at Scranton, I studied for a degree in finance as well as a degree in management. I graduated in 2012.

A week after graduation, I began life in the “real world” as a trade analyst at State Street Corporation, & I have been with this company ever since. Shortly after working in the finance field, I felt as if something was missing, and realized it was entertainment. For as long as I can remember, music has inspired me in every aspect of my life. It's what I love. In the past I’ve been able to be backstage at some major music productions, and I have realized that this type of work is I want to spend the rest of my life doing. This is the field I hope to enter in the months to come. 


I don't just enjoy music. I enjoy everything that makes the entire production possible. I look up to people like L.A Reid and Scooter Braun, some of the best at what they do. 

Since the World Wide Web has become easily accessible, literally at our fingertips thanks to smartphones and tablets, it seems as if the possibilities to communicate and share what we love with one another are endless. That’s what I hope to do on here.

I plan on sharing my musical taste, the musical taste of others, and my thoughts on things going on in the music industry as well as anything that happens to fall in between. One of my favorite sayings goes along the lines of: music speaks to people. You can sing a song to 100 different people and they will sing it back to you for 100 different reasons. Here, my reasons will reflected.

I hope to inspire others. I want to make my little corner of the internet a place of endless possibly for any and everyone that may come across it. I want to make it a place to share with others what inspires me the most. It will be a place to share my work, and in the end I hope that it may possibly inspire others.

Kick back. Enjoy. And be inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment